The Health Foundation of South Florida (HFSF), located in Miami, is the region’s largest nonprofit grantmaking organization focused on achieving health equity in historically disadvantaged communities. The Foundation’s mission is to invest in and be a catalyst for collaborations and policy and systems changes that improve the health of South Florida communities, with a focus on vulnerable, low to moderate-income populations. Established in 1993, the foundation has awarded more than $131 million to nonprofits that provide programs and services in Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties.
The Health Foundation of South Florida seeks an exceptional individual with strong program design, implementation and leadership skills to join its program team. This individual will work closely with the Director of Programs to further develop, implement and track the performance of funding strategies. The successful candidate will effectively collaborate with Foundation staff and system stakeholders to co-design and carryout solutions to our region’s most pressing health related problems.
- Carry an assigned portfolio of priority grants.
- Respond to inquiries from nonprofit organizations regarding the Foundation’s grant-making guidelines and requests for proposals.
- Consult with nonprofit organizations regarding specific grant proposals to ensure that the proposal meets Foundation guidelines and/or initiative requirements, and is a well-formulated request.
- Provide assistance to grant seekers and grant recipient organizations, as necessary, to direct them to other resources for organizational development, funding, program ideas, etc. That assistance may include making general presentations to groups of nonprofit organizations.
- Pursues opportunities to promote HFSF’s mission and strategic initiatives through convening, participation in community coalitions/committees, webinars, and presentations.
- Review concept proposals and full proposals to assess alignment between identified funding opportunities and Foundation’s strategic goals. Where needed and appropriate, conduct additional research into the relevant field of interest and/or nonprofit organization.
- As appropriate, conduct site visits and participate in interviews for each assigned proposal.
Prepare proposal summary for review and action by the Board’s Strategy and Grant Committee.
- Develop reports to aggregate evaluation results and communicate the Foundation’s impact in the community—in conjunction with Analyst, Data and Grants Management.
- Ensure that electronic grant files are complete, accurate and current. Maintain statistical information regarding grant-making activity.
- Monitor implementation of each grant by reviewing progress and final reports and conducting interviews to capture impact and lessons learned.
- Stay current on the literature and trends with regard to the Foundation’s strategies and assigned funding areas.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care delivery payment systems, and public health.
- Knowledge of the grantmaking process.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strategy, develop work plans, multi-task and deliver quality work on time.
- Strong project/program management skills with demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects connecting a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytic and critical reasoning skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts.
- Public speaking and presentation skills, including experience presenting complicated subject matter to non-expert audiences and experience presenting strategic and complex information to high-level decision makers.
- Excellent interpersonal, mediation and negotiation skills. Motivated and committed to theFoundation’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, social work or related field required with additional work at the Master’s level desired.
- Work experience of at least five years within the field of public health and/or healthcare.
Ability to read, analyze and manage budgets and financial information.
- Strong knowledge of community issues.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English or Creole/English preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Forward resume and cover letter to Fernanda Kuchkarian, Director, Programs at email@example.com.
January 7, 2022.