Analyst, Data & Grants Management
The Health Foundation of South Florida (HFSF), located in Miami, is the region’s largest nonprofit grantmaking organization focused on achieving health equity in historically disadvantaged communities. The Foundation’s mission is to invest in and be a catalyst for collaborations and policy and systems changes that improve the health of South Florida communities, with a focus on vulnerable, low to moderate-income populations. Established in 1993, the foundation has awarded more than $131 million to nonprofits that provide programs and services in Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties.
The Health Foundation of South Florida seeks an exceptional individual with strong data and grants management background to join its program team. The individual will works in a collaborative, cross-functional manner by coordinating impact investment and grantmaking operations, systems and data. This individual will work closely with the Director of Programs and Program Officer(s) to facilitate the impact investment and grantmaking process and use data to measure performance and inform operational and programmatic decisions. .
Data Analysis/Quality Assurance/Evaluation
- Responsible for overall data management including data infrastructure and sources, data collection, extraction and analysis.
- Produce, analyze, and maintain a streamlined reporting and data collection system, including reports, to support the monitoring and implementation of the Foundation’s impact investment and grantmaking initiatives and evaluation framework.
- Use statistical and data visualization software to conduct planned or ad hoc data analysis, designs and develops visualizations to communicate data analysis to executive-level and/or non-technical audiences.
- Manage Grants Management system data entry and historical data quality and structure.
Impact Investments and Grants Management Systems and Processes
- Manage grants, including online Salesforce-based platform (FoundationConnect) and work with vendors (Salesforce, Conga and Roundcourner) to ensure its efficiency and functionality.
- Pre/Post Award Administration: manages grant proposals including submission and tracking of all proposals, proposal reviews, staff proposal summaries, grantee reports and payments, grant award agreements, grant modifications and requests for audits.
Prepares Board and committee book materials and documents. Facilitate data reporting and produce regular reports for leadership as requested.
- Coordinate between program, finance, and other staff to ensure alignment and effective monitoring related to grantmaking budget; and produce reports required by auditors and other regulatory agencies.
- Under the supervision of the Chief Impact Officer, lead the ongoing refinement, development, and implementation of grantmaking policies, procedures, and programs.
- Oversees a limited portfolio of grants as assigned. Works with grantees to ensure compliance with grant agreements and successful project implementation.
- Collaborates with other staff to meet Foundation deadlines and time-sensitive projects(e.g., events or other duties as assigned, related to Foundation’s strategic and operational activities).
- Communicates with nonprofit agencies, partners, and the general public regarding theFoundations’ strategic priorities, guidelines and proposal review processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of four years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with additional work at the Master’s level preferred.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including word processing skills and proficiency inMicrosoft Office applications.
- Experience in data management/CRM applications similar to FoundationConnect andSalesforce.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and collaboration skills.
- Motivated and committed to the Foundation’s mission.
How to Apply
Forward resume and cover letter to Mark Dissette, Chief Impact Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy Eliane Morales at email@example.com.
January 7, 2022.