• Nonprofit corporations that are exempt from Federal income tax under provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. Organizations may call 1.877.829.5500 for a copy of the IRS tax determination letter for their organization.
• State or local government agencies, provided the Health Foundation is assured that its support will not supplant existing funding for activities for which our support is requested. The recipient governmental agency assumes an increasing portion of the cost of such projects over the period of our support.
• The project exclusively serves the residents of Broward, Miami-Dade and/or Monroe Counties.
Requests to the Foundation are reviewed by Health Foundation staff, Board members, and outside professionals with expertise in the subject area. Here are questions to consider when submitting a proposal:
• Does the project align with the Foundation’s Mission and Goals?
• Is the project aligned with one of the Foundation’s Priority Areas?
• Are the project’s goals, objectives, and outcomes clear and measurable?
• Is the project aligned with best practice approaches or principles?
• Does the project’s budget fully explain how Foundation funds will be used?
• Is the project supported by other private, public and/or community resources?
• Will the project’s community benefits continue beyond a grant from the Health Foundation?