All full proposals are reviewed by Health Foundation Board members, staff and outside professionals with expertise in the subject area. Site visits are usually part of the process. The merits of each proposal are discussed at grant committee meetings, comprised of board and staff members and then presented to the full board for a final funding decision.
Here are questions to consider when submitting a proposal:
• Are the project's goals, objectives and outcomes clear and measurable?
• Are the project's goals aligned with those of the Foundation?
• Is the project aligned with best practice approaches or principle?
• Is the project supported by other private, public and/or community resources?
• Will the project's community benefits continue beyond Health Foundation's funding?