Healthy Environments Advocacy
Health Foundation will support organizations to promote state and or local policy change that would create environments supportive of physical activity and healthy eating.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Support adoption of best practice nutrition and physical activity standards in children settings (i.e. child care center, schools, and after-school programs) through changes in state or county licensing requirements or legislation
- Increase access to and consumption of affordable healthy foods and/or reducing access to or consumption of unhealthy foods and beverages
- Increase funding available for improvements to transit, trails, sidewalks, parks and open spaces to support active living
What We Will Fund:
- Policy research and analysis such as the development of white papers identifying Florida or county-specific policy solutions
- Increasing awareness of problem and potential policy solutions through community convenings or conferences
- Policymaker education
- Media advocacy
- Public opinion research/polling
When to Apply:
Concept proposals are accepted through our online Portal year-round.
Health Foundation is open to multi-year grants averaging $40,000 per year.
If you are interested in this particular strategy, please contact Dr. Janisse Schoepp at 305-374-7200 or email@example.com